Friday, July 1, 2011

Financial New Year Resolutions

Well it's the end of another financial year and last night I stayed up with a calculator and a glass of bubbly to farewell the 2010-2011 year.

What a year it has been, full of such amazing memories.  There was the $20 donation to the Surf Lifesaving fellows, dressed so becomingly in their red and yellow speedos.  There was the ongoing donations to whatever charity my local Woolies were supporting, because Lexi would empty my purse for the money spinner every time we went to the shop (no tax receipts though).

Then there was the two separate donations to Red Cross when they did their appeal the other month, because one group of doorknockers nabbed me when I was leaving my friend's house, and then another team got me when I arrived home.

My tax return will be rather full on this year.  I will have to set aside some considerable time to trawl through all my earnings ($0), dividends ($0), tax breaks ($0) and offsets ($0). 

But you're all asking about the $1.25 I earned from my first article. Should I declare that? 

Well, I can tell you that I have now a balance of $3.96 owing from Weekends Notes because I have written another two articles.  Perhaps I should get some advice from my accountant how I can ship these funds offshore so the taxman doesn't try to get his hands on it.

My goals and resolutions for the 2011-2012 Financial Year are simple, and between you and me, if you follow them, one day you will be very very rich.  Guaranteed. They are:

1. Earn more than last year
2. Spend less than last year

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...